Hanoi: National Institute of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, 17 Pham Van Bach, Cau Giay, Hanoi
365体育投注APP Tel: +84 24 3286 8026
HCMC: Blood Donation Centre, 106 Thien Phuoc, Ward 9, Tan Binh District, HCMC
Tel: +84 28 3868 5509
Da Nang: Da Nang General Hospital, 124 Hai Phong, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Danang
Tel: 0236 3821 118
Information about Donating Blood
365体育投注APPGiving the gift of blood is a simple way to make a big difference.
365体育投注APPTo be eligible you must:
- Be age 18 or older
- Weigh at least 45 kg
- Be in good health
Who Can Donate?
To insure your health and well-being, you are encouraged to make a blood donation only if you;
- Aged between 18 and 60 years old for male and between 18 and 55 for female;
- Weigh at least 45 kg;
- Have a haemoglobin level of at least 12.5 g/dl;
- Are in generally good health;
- Have not had any symptoms of infection for at least 1 week e.g. sore throat, cough, runny nose, diarrhea;
- Have not had a fever in the last 3 weeks;
- Have not eaten within 12 hours before donating; and
- If you are a foreign national resident of Vietnam and wish to donate blood, please call the hospital to confirm appointment times in advance; you will need to bring your Personal ID – Passport and Residents Card; please note a VISA will not be accepted.
Is It safe?
365体育投注APPWant to make a donation but unsure if it is safe to do so? Don’t worry, giving blood is entirely safe. The health of every potential donor is carefully assessed by the attending medical staff before a donation.
It is impossible to catch any disease by donating blood, as new, sterile disposable needles and blood packs are used for each donor.
How Your Body Reacts to a Donation
Giving blood will not harm your body, neither will it weaken your immune system. The average adult has 4 to 5 litres of blood. During a donation, only 350ml or 450 ml of blood is drawn. That’s only 10-12% of the total volume of blood in your body, and in just 3 days the donated blood volume will be replaced.
The Donation Process
It should take 45 minutes for a blood donation – the minutes you spend making a donation will certainly be time well spent!
365体育投注APPYour personal particulars will be recorded and you will be asked to fill in a health assessment questionnaire.
- Medical screening
A doctor or nurse will ask you about your medical and social history to confirm that you are fit to make a donation, after which your weight, blood pressure, pulse and body temperature will be taken.
- Blood test
365体育投注APPYour blood haemoglobin level will be checked to ensure that you can make a donation.
- Blood donation
365体育投注APPYour arm will be cleaned, after which a local painkiller will be applied to ensure that you feel no pain during the donation.
365体育投注APPAfter the donation, you will be required to rest briefly and have some light refreshments before resuming normal activities.
It’s that simple!